SPL Lyon Part-Dieu
The Lyon Part-Dieu Société Publique Locale (SPL- publicly-owned local development corporation) was created in 2014 and is used by the Metropolis and the City of Lyon as an operational tool. It covers an area of 177 hectares, extending from the centre of the 3rd arrondissement of the City of Lyon.
The Maison du Projet (project centre) continued the work begun by the La Part-Dieu project of 2010 to 2014. This resulted in the launch of the first building projects and mobilized the public and private stakeholders coproducing it. Its shareholders are Lyon Metropolis (90%) and the City of Lyon (10%).
It is governed by a board of administrators, chaired by Gérard Collomb, President of the Lyon Metropolis, Senator and Mayor of Lyon.
SPL has a staff of twenty people divided among 4 different centres: urban, economic, consultation and cooperation/communication, and resources. Their main tasks are:
- The overall management of the project, bringing key players and partners together
- Controlling the projects’ budget and regulations
- The organisation and coordination of the building projects, from the definition of the architectural project to construction work, based on a coproduction approach
- The project management of public spaces
- Economic governance
- Promotion of the project
- Consultation, information and the participation of inhabitants and associations, through the activities of the Maison du Projet (project centre)
It offices are located on 192 rue Garibaldi, at the west end of the project’s perimeter.
ZAC Part-Dieu Ouest
The project for the creation of West La Part-Dieu mixed development zone was approved in 2015 and is the district’s main development tool. Its construction has been entrusted to SPL until 2029. It is delimited to the north by Boulevard Deruelle and Cours Lafayette, to the east by the railway lines and Avenue Pompidou, to the south by Rue Paul Bert, and to the west by Rue Garibaldi.
- Perimeter of 177 hectares
- 10 administrators
- Share capital of €4 million